The methodology of instruction in DISHA SKILLS is different from that of the conventional vocational training schools. The education system is more learner-oriented and the learner is an active participant in the pedagogical (teaching and learning) process. Most of the instructions are imparted through integrated education methodology and face-to-face mode as per the requirement. The delivery system encompasses 50% through class room teaching (both off line–black board teaching and online mode) and the remaining classes through field training in flexible time schedule. DISHA SKILLS allows internship/on-the-job training to be taken by students during their course of study. The internship / on-the-job training at companies give value addition to the student community to make them ready for taking real world challenges when they take up job positions. Daily 6 hours training will be undertaken in 6 days a week.
The pedagogy at DISHA SKILLS comprises of the following characteristics :
- Induction and orientation of students joining new streams of professional courses.
- Lecturates and specific lessons conducted by experts from the applied field and visiting faculties to orient and reflect the students about the latest developments that are taking place in the concerned field.
- Case study approach which stimulate real life industrial problems through well documented algorithms.
- Role playing techniques which helps the students to play the role of the functionaries, understudy to stimulate the situations in practical environment pacing with standard prescriptions, suited to the actual grasp of the theory.
- Brainstorming/brain mashing processes with the help of activity games and deliberate quiz programmes on the issues concerning important topics during interviews and group discussions.
- Industrial tours conducted at after frequent intervals giving the students the real life business environment.
- Management games are the most sought after fillers for students to broaden their creative intelligence.
- Technical work shops organized in different trades/course provide ample opportunities to students to participate in different theoretical and practical aspects of branches of study.